Trabuco Air offers an extensive range of healthy HVAC services in Corona, CA. Find out how we can help by calling (951) 268-7170.
Have you ever thought of your home as a toxic waste dump? The average home today contains 62 toxic unsafe chemicals, more than a chemistry lab at the turn of the century.
More than 72,000 synthetic chemicals have been produced since WW II. Less than 2% of synthetic chemicals have been tested for toxicity, mutagenic and carcinogenic effects, or birth defects. The majority of chemicals have never been tested for long-term effects.
In the workplace, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) must accompany any product used. The workplace and the outdoors are considered legal environments, while the air in homes is not. So regulations for outdoor air pollution and toxins in the workplace are much more strict than in the home.
Health Effects of Chemical Exposure
Chemical exposure presents a real danger to you and your family’s health and well-being. So why not use safer products in your household? Toxic chemicals found in many of our household cleaners, personal care items and cosmetics are the cause of many health issues.
- Cancer rates have almost doubled since 1960.
- Cancer is the Number ONE cause of death for children.
- There has been a 26% increase in breast cancer since 1982.
- Breast cancer is the Number ONE killer of women between the ages of 35 and 54. Primary suspects are laundry detergents, household cleaners and pesticides. So start using safer products!
Did you know?
- Since 1980, asthma has increased by 600%. The Canadian Lung Association and the Asthma Society of Canada identify common household cleaners and cosmetics as triggers.
- ADD/ADHD is an epidemic in schools today. Behavioral problems have long been linked to exposure to toxic chemicals and molds.
- Chemicals are attracted to and stored in fatty tissue. The brain is a prime target for these destructive organics because of its high-fat content and very rich blood supply.
- Chemical and environmental sensitivities are known to cause all types of headaches.
- Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, circulatory disorders, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, depression, and hormonal problems are diseases commonly related to chemical exposure.
- The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health has found more than 2500chemicalsincosmeticsthat are toxic, cause tumors, reproductive complications, biological mutations and skin and eye irritations.
Chemicals in Household Products
Formaldehyde is one of the largest indoor pollutants in our homes. Symptoms caused by formaldehyde are allergies, cancer, immune system failings, ADD/ADHD and asthma. Products containing Formaldehyde include: antiperspirants, mouthwash, toothpaste, Tupperware, permanent press clothing, floor waxes, furniture polishes, baggies, coffee, wax paper, and paper money.
Phenols are a major indoor pollutant. Phenols are absorbed by lungs, and skin. Symptoms include caustic burns, kidney and liver damage and hyperactivity. Products containing Phenols include: acne medications, baking powder, computers, TV sets, mouthwash, sugar substitutes, and wallpaper.
Air Quality Inside Your Home
An EPA survey concluded that indoor air was 3 to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air. Another EPA study stated that the toxic chemicals in household cleaners are 3 times more likely to cause cancer than outdoor air. CMHC reports that houses today are so energy efficient that “out-gassing” of chemicals has nowhere to go, so it builds up inside the home.
We spend 90% of our time indoors, and 65% of that time at home. Moms, infants and the elderly spend 90% of their time in the home. National Cancer Association released results of a 15-year study concluding that women who work in the home are at a 54% higher risk of developing cancer than women who work outside the home.
Chemicals get into our body through inhalation, ingestion, and absorption. We breathe 10 to 20 thousand liters of air per day.
For the best of healthy HVAC services in Corona, CA, you can always count on Trabuco Air. Set up a service appointment with us today by calling (951) 268-7170.